Friday, February 6, 2009

Still Working on Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

I bought Twilight Princess before I had my Wii, so I got the Gamecube version. I'm actually not playing it on the old Gamecube now, but the Wii--which can play all the old Gamecube games. Irritatingly, you can't use the wireless controller, but you have to use an actual Gamecube controller--which it comes with 4 plug-ins for, just like the Gamecube. So that's cool, I guess.

You also have to use the Gamecube memory cartridges, as the Gamecube emulation on the Wii won't use any of the Wii memory. This irritates me, but, oh, well. It's not pretty (there are little panels on the top of the Wii that open for the memory and the controller plug-ins, and when you're using them, they're half-open with stuff sticking out of 'em and it's kind of "not neat". But, oh well. Which makes me think about the NES and SNES emulation, which has some irritating aspects, too--like never being able to save my progress on Super Mario III! But, that's another story. More on Wiiware and using the SNES Wii controller and such later. Back to Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

It's a great Legend of Zelda. Better than Windwaker, and easily as good as Ocarina of Time. I never finished Majora's Mask (frankly, it became kinda tedious to play, which is never good for a game). But I've enjoyed playing this one as much as I've ever enjoyed playing Legend of Zelda, and, except for the bosses, I'm playing it twice--once to get to the Final Boss (I lose the first round), and now to collect enough rupees to buy and use the magic armor. Which is complicated, as it involves spending almost 4000 rupees getting the east bridge rebuilt, then funding the Goron store in the Castletown, then actually buying the magic armor from them . . . and I will then have to save up sufficient rupees to use the magic armor, as apparently hits deduct rupees, rather than health points, when you take damage wearing the magic armor. We'll see. I'm not quite there yet. But soon. Very soon.

Which is all a prelude to saying, we sell some Wii games now. Like Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed. And Guitar Hero Aerosmith for the Wii. And Opoona for the Nintendo Wii. That's a weird looking game.


No comments: